Friday, December 9, 2011

Disappointment 101

Reverb today is about a disappointment in the last 12 months that turned out to be a blessing. This was harder than I thought it would be. There are daily disappointments - my thighs are still not thin, Rick Perry is still running for president, and missing the gym. Then there are the BIG ones and this is where I had to think hard. Was it not getting my huge IRS refund (very long story) yet, a work bummer, or a family letdown?

None of the above. It was a change in my living situation which I thought I would not have to deal with for another year. I rent my home and must have a housemate. I thought my last housemate would stay for one more year and then she informed she wasn't and I was freakishly devastated. I was disappointed because I truly enjoyed living with her but also because I did not want the hassle of finding another housemate who could live not just with me but my little guy as well.

The blessing: my new housemate, an unexpected friend and blessing. Someone who is smart, funny and a joy. A person who might possibly love my Bug almost as much as me. Someone who got me to play Rockband and do Zumba for the first time. She actually reminds me to live occasionally. A blessing indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I bet if your housemate read this a HUGE smile appeared on her face. Not just because she is very excited/proud that u have joined the blogging community, but because she also cherishes your friendship & living with you, very much so. I mean she lives with one of the funniest, caring & wise people out there. While that Bug of yours may bring out her inner child & melt her heart, U probably keep her grounded by sharing with her, your wisdom. She listens, intently...a blessing.

    1st comment woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete