Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gratitude X 5

Reverb11 Day 14 is about gratitude. I am to write about the 5 things for which I am most grateful in 2011. Before I reveal my list, I will admit that every night I say my prayers starting with "Now I lay me down to sleep, I prayer the Lord my soul to keep..." after that I say thank you for that which I am most grateful. I know it is totally OK to pray for the things we need - miracles, winning the lottery, thin thighs, negative test results, our one true love, for kd lang to record a new album, or simply patience and/or faith (the last 2 are big on my list). But I find that if I can end my day with gratitude, it is simply a reminder of the wealth that is in my life, of the gifts that I receive every day. The ones that money did not buy. The gifts that maybe I did not request, or maybe even deserve, but were granted anyway.

The 5 things for which I am most grateful in 2011...
1. my son, my heart
1a. (OK, technically a 6th but it's my blog) My son's birth mother
2. my health
3. my family (and of course their health too)
4. the fact that I have made it through each and every day, sometimes a little worse for the wear, but I made it and I continue to get up each day and do it again
5. the community of women that surrounds me, envelopes me, inspires me, lifts me up, holds my hand, cherishes my child

Me thinks I should be saying thank you a lot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment